We currently have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a production manager at our site based in Bridgwater, just off the M5 in Somerset. This is new position, created as part of the longer-term strategy for the company, and offers a great development potential for the successful candidate.
As the production manager, you will join our dedicated team and assist the business in its continued growth within the steel fabrication sector, making Dan’s Engineering the go to place for quality and service.
Reporting to the Managing Director, As the production manager, you will be required to manage and direct all manufacturing and logistic activities ensuring all products are manufactured and delivered on time and in full without complaint to the company production and delivery plans, within the quality and health & safety standards of the company.
In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- To liaise with the director and the project managers to ensure we meet our production requirements.
- Create production plans to achieve customer requirements on time.
- To organise and cross train operators to maximize output of available resources.
- To manage the personal development and performance of all employees within the area of responsibility.
- To continuously improve our factory production control plan and procedures.
- To ensure company procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure we continue meet health and safety, quality and environmental ISO standards.
- To liaise with external assessment bodies for all matters relating to any accreditations.
- To produce, monitor and report on production KPIs.
- Undertaking root cause analysis and implement corrective action where identified.
- To liaise with engineering and production departments to trouble shoot on a daily basis and work towards eliminating sources of non-conformance.
- To use the 5S program to organize the work place efficiently.
- To control data accuracy and volume of work in progress materials.
- To conduct stock-take of work in progress as and when required.
- To promote the company’s goals and objectives and to support the Managing Director at all times.
The job holder is required to:
- Have the ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals to achieve the objectives of the area.
- Develop teamwork amongst production operatives through team briefing and team development activities.
- Develop individuals through the effective appraisal of their performance and encouraging personal development.
- Communicate work related information both orally and in writing primarily to colleagues within the organisation.
- Build effective communication channels within the area of responsibility, and other areas across the company.
- Produce reports on performance within the area of responsibility on a regular basis making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- The jobholder must be reliable and steady under pressure.
Salary circa £40,000 per annum depending on experience.
Company pension scheme.
Personal accident insurance.
Immediate opportunity to develop existing skills in a newly created role.
Opportunity to be part of the senior leadership team in a business-critical role.
Closing date: Sunday 21st January 2019.