We are seeking a talented Solidworks CAD to join our design team. We are looking for someone with experience of product design and development using Solidworks. The role will be to support the projects team and will involve working with design engineers. We have a number of active engineering projects throughout the South West specialising in the utilities sector.
The job role includes:
- Liaising with architects, engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing and construction technicians.
- Using the latest Solidworks software to create 3D design models.
- Creating high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings.
- Ensuring drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols.
- Producing installation and manufacturing documentation.
- Carrying out R & D, creating libraries and automating modelling processes.
- Working on multiple projects at various stages of design.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the design and development of projects using Solidworks.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in SolidWorks.
- Basic engineering knowledge.
- Excellent IT skills, familiarity with MS Office.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- An inquisitive nature and an eye for detail.
We are offering:
- A full time permanent position working Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- A competitive salary between £25,000.00 and £32,000.00 depending on experience.
- A friendly place to work with a relaxed easy-going atmosphere.
- The opportunity to discuss personal goals and set targets.
- Employee of the Month awards.
- Personal accident insurance scheme.
- A commitment to continuous improvement.