Welder/Fabricator | 27/01/2021
Recruiting: WELDER/FABRICATOR 27/01/2021
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
The Role: Reporting to the Workshop Manager, as a welder/fabricator, you will be required to help us install various steel products as part of a team working within the utilities sector, food production factories and construction industry. We manufacture platforms, staircases, hand railing, lifting gantries, gates, barriers and much more. This will be a workshop-based role with opportunities to gain further skills. In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Operate machinery including rollers, press brakes and drills.
- Proficiently operate MIG and TIG welding equipment with primarily focus on stainless and mild steel.
- Examine work pieces for defects. Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Proficiently operate cutting saw and other metal fabrication tools.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area and the overall shop.
- Complete the required job paperwork.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Logical Thinking and Reasoning.
- Communication Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Team Player.
- Math Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Continuous learning.
- Analytical ability
- Reading technical drawings.
- Keen eye to safety.
- Sharp Eyesight.
- Understand Tools and Equipment.
Company pension scheme, personal accident insurance, opportunity to develop existing skills. Opportunity to be part of an expanding business with a keen focus on employees.