Recruiting: SITE INSTALLER
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
The Role: Reporting to the Project Manager, as a site installer, you will be required to help us install various steel products as part of a team working within the utilities sector, food production factories and construction industry. We manufacture platforms, staircases, hand railing, lifting gantries, gates, barriers and much more. This will be a site-based role with opportunities to gain further skills, undertake a variety of training courses and gain NVQ qualifications. In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring all risk assessments, method statements, permits and COSHH are read, signed and understood before undertaking any installation work.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are used in a safe manner.
- To complete any site inductions/training and awareness where requested.
- To ensure all work is completed to schedule and report all on-going works to the project team in a timely manner.
- To liaise with the site managers/contractors/clients where required and maintain positive relationships.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Checking materials and equipment against paperwork prior to departure from workshop.
- Completing and returning the required paperwork.
- Logical thinking and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
- Good mathematical skills (GCSE pass or equivalent)
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- The ability to read technical drawings.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety at work
- Excellent Customer service skills.
Company pension scheme, personal accident insurance, opportunity to develop existing skills. Opportunity to be part of an expanding business with a keen focus on employees.